Friday, September 10, 2010

Dairy

Normally I'm not a fan of any kind of dairy in my alcohol. Something about it always seem wrong. Maybe it was college when cement mixers, mind erasers, and bj shots were common. The exception was the chocolate martini and my mom's favorite drink when I was younger was Kahlua and cream. But both of those were one off's. You drank that and nothing else. And so here are two drinks to celebrate the chocolate coffee creamy goodness, one of them vegan!

Sans Moo

Instead of Kahlua and cream you can mix Van Gogh Double Espresso vodka with Vanilla Silk soymilk for the vegan version of Kahlua and cream. I like equal parts or a little heavier on the soymilk.

Hot Kahlua and Cream

And last night with mom we made homemade hot cocoa spiked with Kahlua complete with homemade fresh whipped cream! You wisk the heavy cream with a little sugar and viola, a Kahlua and cream that will warm you on those autumn evenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment