Monday, July 6, 2009

Pink and Purple Drinks

This week the drinks people asked for came in colors---I had no idea what a purple rain was until a woman came in the bar asking for one. She said she had had it in Jamaica. Thanks to the trusty iPhone, I was able to make it. 

Here's the recipe in case you want to try it:

1 splash Blue Curacao
1 1/2 oz Gin
 Cranberry Juice
1 splash Soda Water
1 splash Sweet and Sour Mix

Directions
Pour gin into an ice-filled highball glass, and fill with cranberry juice. Add blue curacao, sour mix and soda. Shake gently, add more curacao (until royal-purple), and serve. 

Serve in a 
Highball Glass 

I'm not a fan, but hey, you gotta make the customer happy. And speaking of great customers, last week I met Katherine de Tristan Tait, CEO of SENCE Rare European Rose Nectar.

I had a blast whipping up some fun cocktails with her pretty pink nectar, but I have to be hush hush on the recipes since I'm entering them in my first bartender contest, Cocktails for the Cure!


No comments:

Post a Comment